Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's School Time . . . Where Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

There comes a point during the summer when you're a work-from-home or an at-home parent, where you feel like you're going to lose your mind. Either the kids won't stop fighting over stupid stuff or they're telling you they're bored (like you're their cruise director in charge of their amusement or something) or they're nagging you to death for a) TV b) video games c) snacks d) all of the above.

Today as the three Picket Fence Post children went off to school, I was saddened to see the summer come to an end, but was pleased that I'll get a reprieve from moments like this one (though I'm not usually lying down in a bed when the children are still awake):

1 comment:

  1. Now this IS refreshing...after reading through many blog and facebook posts yesterday and today from all the moms who are sad their kids are going to school, who cried when they got on the bus...nice to read that someone else is also happy that the kids are now GONE from 7-2. I too am sad the summer is over, but man, is it nice to have the house to myself and my time to myself and the morning and early afternoon free of complaints and fight-picking.

    Love the Family Guy clip, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete