Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Don't Care What Supermodels Have to Say About Parenting

Dear Supermodel with One Child Who Likes to Tell Other Mothers How to Parent,

I do not care what you think I should do while I raise my kids.

Seriously.

I don’t want to hear it.

I don’t want to be faced – in every media outlet – with your holier-than-thou declarations that you know better than I do what’s best for my three kids . . . particularly when you don’t even follow your own decree because, well, you know, you’re so much better than the rest of us peasants, so much more important.

Here's my unsolicited advice for you: Better not to raise the ire of mothers across the globe with your pronouncements that there should be a worldwide law forcing all women to breastfeed their babies for six months (when you breastfed your own kid for three weeks). Instead, keep your pampered, sanctimommy views to yourself. It’d tick off far fewer people if you just tell interviewers that you’re lucky, you know you’re lucky and leave it at that.

Sincerely,

Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment