|Image credit: J. Anthony Roberts/The Republican|
Going to this raucous college basketball game after a long, stressful week was awesome for three reasons, despite the fact that my team lost in the end:
- I got to sit with my gal pal and make snarky wisecracks. (I need more time with friends, sans kids. Seriously. It happens too infrequently.)
- We got to yell at the top of our lungs and not be accused of spousal or child abuse. (My voice was hoarse after the game.)
- We got to make a lot of noise with the plastic thunder sticks the folks from Powerade distributed to the enthusiastic UMass fans (who far outnumbered the BC fans and we were in Boston), even though the people who run the Garden made an announcement saying that thunder sticks were banned from the arena.
As for the Picket Fence Post kids, their favorite moments included:
- Spending gobs of (my) money on food and drink. (Why are chicken fingers so freakin' expensive in arenas?)
- Appearing on the JumboTron three times while dancing like little maniacs and waving the thunder sticks during time outs for the express purpose of making it onto the Jumbo-Tron.
Image credit: J. Anthony Roberts/The Republican.